What is Check In?
Support Spokane Public Library collection development and leave your mark on our community.
We're trying something new here. Check In is a way to get involved with your Library. You can remain anonymous or you can be vocal about your support. You can give a few dollars or a few hundred. It's up to you.
- Begin by browsing new books on order.
- Select the titles you would like to donate. Our cost is displayed.
- Make your secure donation using PayPal.
We will place a custom nameplate with your message on each title you sponsor (or not, if you prefer). It's that easy.
Is SPL asking that we pay to use the Library?
Libraries across the country, including ours, are facing budget challenges. When you make a donation to the Spokane Public Library Foundation, in any amount, you really do two things:
- You help to offset the cost of new books, allowing us to purchase and circulate additional titles that would not otherwise be available to the public.
- You send a message to policy-makers and the city governement that you value the Library by voting with your wallet.
Whether you choose to donate or not please come on in to the Library or visit our digital branch. We look forward to seeing you!
- How are payments processed?
- We use Paypal to process payments. You do not need a PayPal account to make a payment.
- Do I have to pay online?
- Nope. Please call (509.444.5318) or email Sarah Bain, Director of Development at the Foundation to arrange an alternate payment method. She'll be glad to help.
- Who is the actual donation recipient?
- All donations are made directly to the Spokane Public Library Foundation, a federally recognized, tax-exempt charitable organization.
100% of your donation is used for purchasing new titles at SPL.
- Are donations tax-deductable?
- Yes! We'll send you a tax receipt.
- Can I make a donation without using Check In?
- You bet.
- Can I sponsor a book not on the list?
- Not yet. We're working on it.
Businesses & Organizations
Are you looking for a unique, community-minded, targeted communication channel for your business or ogranization?
We thought so.
Consider this: In 2011 Spokane Public Library circulated more than 2 million titles. That's a lot of eyeballs engaged in focused activity over a period of days or weeks.
We think that Check In is a clever and tasteful way to reinforce brand awareness and put your underwriting message in front of thousands of Spokane readers.
And besides all that, it's just a nice thing to do.
Individuals & Families
Check In is for everyone.
You don't need to be a business owner or marketing manager to get involved.
Here are a few ideas for a custom nameplate at SPL:
- Celebrate a birthday or special event
- Have fun with your kids
- Commemorate a loved one
- Beat your friends to the punch!
Most titles are around $25.00 – check one IN today!